- Title: Russia hosts international air show MAKS 2019
- Date: 27th August 2019
- Summary: ZHUKOVSKY, MOSCOW REGION, RUSSIA (AUGUST 27, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SU-34 FIGHTER JETS IN SKY SU-57 FIGHTER JET IN FLIGHT JET IN FLIGHT IN SKY AIRBUS A-350 ON AIRFIELD CREW AT A-350 WATCHING AIR SHOW AIRBUS IN SKY MC-21 AIRLINER IN SKY AIRCRAFT ON AIRFIELD VARIOUS OF KA-52 HELICOPTER IN FLIGHT VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WATCHING SHOW HELICOPTERS IN FLIGHT AIRPLANE CREW STANDING NEAR FENCE SUKHOI SUPERJET 100 IN SKY AIRCRAFT DRIVING VARIOUS OF AIRCRAFT AT EXHIBITION VARIOUS OF UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE (UAV) AT EXHIBITION MAN TAKING PHOTO WITH DRONE PEOPLE AT EXHIBITION (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) STUDENT OF MILITARY TRAINING CENTER, VARVARA, SAYING: "Looking at all this strength, looking at all this power, even purely visually, they arouse fear, but at the same time, aesthetic pleasure, so I think it's great." VARIOUS OF SU-15 UM AIRCRAFT SUKHOI AIR FIGHTER (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) STUDENT OF CADET CORPS, EGOR SOLOVYEV, SAYING: "I was surprised by the number and variety of models this year, starting with the models of the old time such as the legendary TU-144 (aircraft), and ending with the latest ones such as the (Airbus) A-350. This is very incredible and everyone likes it, including me." VARIOUS OF AIRCRAFT AT EXHIBITION MILITARY OFFICIALS TALKING VARIOUS OF PASSENGER AIRPLANES VARIOUS OF PLANE ON TARMAC WITH SIGN ON SITE (Russian): "RUSSIA" VARIOUS OF PLANE ON DISPLAY SEEN THROUGHOUT PAVILION WINDOW VARIOUS OF AIRCRAFT AT EXHIBITION VARIOUS OF FLAGS PAVILIONS AT EXHIBITION, PEOPLE WALKING
- Embargoed: 10th September 2019 20:31
- Keywords: Maks Air show International Aviation and Space Show MAKS Russia aviation Russia aerospace industry
- Location: MOSCOW REGION, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW REGION, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Government/Politics,International Trade
- Reuters ID: LVA001ATZUCZR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: International air show MAKS 2019 opened on Tuesday (August 27) in the Moscow region with demonstration flights of Russian military jets and civil aircraft.
Over 800 businesses from foreign countries are taking part in the annual event, which Russia hopes will shore up sales of Russian made aircraft.
This number includes 180 firms from 29 countries, among them - Germany, Great Britain, France and the United States.
According to RIA news agency, this year's expo is the first one, organised with participation of China.
President Vladimir Putin visited the opening ceremony of the air show with his Turkish counterpart Tayyip Erdogan.
(Production: Anastasia Adasheva)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None