- Title: Neymar not playing in PSG - Metz match, coach says
- Date: 29th August 2019
- Summary: SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE (AUGUST 29, 2019) (REUTERS) PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, ARRIVING FOR NEWS CONFERENCE PARIS ST GERMAIN LOGO (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING: "So there are six injured players and who are not in the group: Drax (Julian Draxler), Thilo (Kehrer), Ander (Herrera), Abdou (Diallo), Edi (Cavani) and Kylian (Mbappe). Ney (Neymar) isn't in the group because the situation is the same as when we were up against Toulouse. Nothing has changed regarding that. All the others are available." TUCHEL LISTENING TO QUESTION FROM JOURNALIST (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING: "Yes, it changes everything (situation with Neymar) but what can I say? It's not just up to me, I can give my opinion and everyone knows my opinion. You all know well enough that it isn't the coach who decides things in a situation like this, in a big club with a big player. It's a situation with a lot of parties." VARIOUS OF PARIS ST GERMAIN FORWARD, NEYMAR, DURING TRAINING SESSION (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, SAYING: "That's why the main objective is to get to September 2 or 3 and then we can rethink the composition of this team. It's not what I want but that's the reality in football today." TUCHEL LEAVING AFTER NEWS CONFERENCE
- Embargoed: 12th September 2019 18:34
- Keywords: Thomas Tuchel PSG Paris St Germain Metz Ligue 1 Neymar La Liga
- Location: SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE
- City: SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001AU9VSQN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CAN BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH 4193-SOCCER-FRANCE-MTZ-PSG/PREVIEW-TRAINING
Paris St Germain coach Thomas Tuchel told reporters on Thursday (August 29) that forward Neymar would not be playing in the Ligue 1 match against Metz on Friday, making it the third consecutive match the star player has been left out of this season amid uncertainty over his future with the club.
Rumours on the transfer market have linked the Brazilian with a return to the Spanish La Liga, with many reports suggesting a likely return to his former club Barcelona.
Neymar joined Qatari-owned PSG from Barcelona in 2017 in a deal valued at a record 222 million euros ($246 million).
Tuchel said he was looking forward to the end of the transfer window on September 2.
"That's why the main objective is to get to September 2 or 3 and then we can rethink the composition of this team. It's not what I want but that's the reality in football today," Tuchel told reporters.
(Production: Clotaire Achi and Pascale Antonie)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None