- Title: Julie Andrews honoured with Lifetime Achievement Golden Lion in Venice
- Date: 2nd September 2019
- Summary: VENICE, ITALY (SEPTEMBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ANDREWS GETTING OUT OF CAR AND WALKING ON TO RED CARPET, WAVING VARIOUS OF ANDREWS POSING FOR PHOTOS VARIOUS OF ANDREWS GREETING DIRECTOR LUCA GUADAGNINO MEDIA ANDREWS AND GUADAGNINO POSING FOR PHOTOS FLAGS ON TOP OF PALAZZO DEL CINEMA VARIOUS OF ANDREWS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS AND WAVING TO FANS VARIOUS OF (L-R) PRESIDENT OF VENICE FILM FESTIVAL PAOLO BARATTA, ANDREWS, GUADAGNINO AND VENICE FILM FESTIVAL DIRECTOR ALBERTO BARBERA POSING FOR PHOTOS VARIOUS OF ANDREWS ON STAGE DURING AWARDS CEREMONY VARIOUS OF AUDIENCE MEMBERS APPLAUDING ANDREWS BEING PRESENTED WITH GOLDEN LION FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT VARIOUS OF ANDREWS HOLDING AND KISSING AWARD ANDREWS WALKING TO PODIUM
- Embargoed: 16th September 2019 15:02
- Keywords: Venice Film Festival golden lion award Julie Andrews Luca Guadagnino Paolo Baratta
- Location: VENICE, ITALY
- City: VENICE, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA003AUYSNKD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Julie Andrews said she was "blessed" to have had a long and illustrious career in cinema as she was honoured with a Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the Venice Film Festival on Monday (September 2).
The Oscar-winning 83-year-old star of "Mary Poppins" and "The Sound of Music" held up and kissed the trophy to an applauding audience.
"I still marvel at the fact that I was the lucky girl who was asked to play those wonderful roles," she said.
The actress' career has encompassed stage and film with performances as the nanny to the Banks children and the wayward novice Maria right through to her more recent projects, such as the voice of Kharaten in 2018 blockbuster "Aquaman".
(Production: Cristiano Corvino, Christian Levaux, Helena Williams)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None