- Title: IFA consumer technology fair in Berlin opens its doors to general public
- Date: 6th September 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS OF USERS PLAYING WITH SAMSUNG GALAXY FOLD (SOUNDBITE) (German) FAIR VISITOR, HAMEED HAQPARWAR, SAYING: "It is very innovative, especially the display. When you fold it you can see everything on both sides and it is really sharp, when it is closed but also when you open it. I'm really enthusiastic." VARIOUS OF HAQPARWAR TESTING PHONE GALAXY FOLD ON DISPLAY SIGN READING "GALAXY FOLD 5G" (SOUNDBITE) (English) FAIR VISITOR, KIRILL DZYUBA, SAYING: "This is very innovative and it is our future. It looks fantastic." GALAXY FOLD 5G STAND USERS TESTING PHONE (SOUNDBITE) (German) FAIR VISITOR, BRIAN, SAYING: "It's just as big as ever. We have come here regularly and my favourite stand is Samsung, but I also like LG. They have cool products, the newest things. When they shows these editions and their new products... We have also tested a few phones, the Galaxy Note 10, which just came out, there is a lot about 5G, new TV's." (SOUNDBITE) (English) FAIR VISITOR, TORBJOERN JOHANSSON, WHO DROVE FROM SWEDEN, SAYING: "We are here to look at all the new things, all the things this year, well, next year has to offer, and it is the best event to go. Everything is in the same place." VARIOUS OF PLANTS GROWING IN VERITABLE KITCHEN GARDEN VARIOUS OF VARRAM PET FITNESS DEVICE MOVING AROUND FLOOR (SOUNDBITE) (German) TRANSLATOR FOR VARRAM PET FITNESS, JI-YANG LEE, SAYING: "Its main function is entertaining your pet if you are away for many hours, so that it is not bored even if it's alone. There are many active things that can be done with the robot, and for instance, it can also release small snacks so that the animal gets enough food." VARIOUS OF VARRAM PET FITNESS DEVICE ON DISPLAY VARIOUS OF NANOE&DOUBLE MINERAL HAIR DRYER FROM PANASONIC VARIOUS OF YOUNG VISITORS TESTING AN ELECTRONIC BLACKBOARD BY SKYWORTH VARIOUS OF HUAWEI STAND AND PEOPLE CHECKING OUT PRODUCTS WOMAN AT FITBIT STAND TRYING OUT DEVICE AND READING ABOUT PRODUCTS PEOPLE AT FAIR VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF FAIR
- Embargoed: 20th September 2019 14:46
- Keywords: IFA consumer technology Berlin Skyworth Veritable Varram Pet Fitness
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Information Technologies / Computer Sciences,Science
- Reuters ID: LVA002AVIQ6AJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Berlin's IFA consumer technology fair opened its doors on Friday expecting thousands of visitors to attend and try out new products, gadgets and devices.
This year's top trends include a foldable phone by Samsung. The highly anticipated Galaxy Fold handset was originally due to hit the U.S. market in April but the launch was delayed by screen defects detected in samples.
The remodeled version of the Galaxy Fold, which opens like a book to reveal a 7.3-inch infinity display, now has the screen's protective layer tucked under the bezel at its edge. It proved to be a hit with visitors at Messe Berlin exhibition grounds, where people stood in a long queue to try it out for themselves.
"It is very innovative. When you fold it you can see everything on both sides and it is really sharp, when it is closed but also when you open it. I'm really enthusiastic," said Hameed Haqparwar after playing videogames on the phone, which goes on sale in South Korea on Friday.
Tablet fans sought the company's Galaxy Note 10 instead, which includes a computer, a gaming console, a movie-tech camera, and an intelligent pen in one device.
Big firms like Huawei or Qualcomm showcased 5G products while LG and Panasonic displayed rollable and transparent television sets.
Among other innovative companies was Veritable, a French company that has designed a smart kitchen garden to allow for fresh herbs all year around. Or Varram, combining a friendly pet robot with a mobile application to keep pets active at home.
IFA, Europe's biggest consumer electronics show, runs from September 6 - 11.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None