- Title: French chef sues Michelin guide, claims he lost star for using cheddar
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Summary: BOULOGNE-BILLANCOURT, FRANCE (FEBRUARY 5, 2018) (REUTERS) FRENCH CHEF, MARC VEYRAT, ARRIVING ON STAGE AT MICHELIN CEREMONY AFTER HOSTS ANNOUNCED HE WAS AWARDED THREE STARS VARIOUS OF VEYRAT ADDRESSING AUDIENCE VEYRAT TAKING PICTURES WITH MICHELIN GUIDE OFFICIALS AND MASCOT BANNER READING (French): "THE MICHELIN GUIDE"
- Embargoed: 8th October 2019 15:12
- Keywords: Michelin guide Marc Veyrat La Maison des Bois three stars lawsuit cheddar
- Location: BOULOGNE-BILLANCOURT, MANIGOD AND PARIS, FRANCE / INTERNET
- City: BOULOGNE-BILLANCOURT, MANIGOD AND PARIS, FRANCE / INTERNET
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA001AY0Q5VR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French chef Marc Veyrat on Tuesday (September 24) said he was suing the famous Michelin guide after he lost one of his three Michelin stars in January, claiming inspectors were accusing him of using English cheddar in his souffle instead of a traditional French cheese.
Veyrat told France Info in an interview that he would like to know the exact reasons behind the downgrading of his restaurant La Maison des Bois, in Manigod in the French Alps, adding that the loss of the star led him into a depression.
He said he had no advanced warning of the move and felt it was unjustified.
Veyrat, 69, had been awarded three stars, the highest award in the Michelin guide, in 2018.
(Production: Ardee Napolitano and Pascale Antonie)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None