- Title: Bayern train ahead of Tottenham test
- Date: 30th September 2019
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BAYERN SQUAD RUNNING BAYERN SQUAD WARMING UP KINGSLEY COLEMAN STRETCHING PAN FROM CORENTIN TOLISSO STRETCHING TO THOMAS MUELLER VARIOUS OF SQUAD STRETCHING CLOSE-UP OF SCOREBOARD CLOSE -UP CORENTIN TOLISSO PHILIPPE COUTINHO DOING DRILL WIDE OF STADIUM BAYERN MANAGER NIKO KOVAC WATCHING TRAINING VARIOUS OF SQUAD DOING PASSING DRILL VARIOUS OF NIKO KOVAC WATCHING PLAYERS VARIOUS OF PLAYERS TRAINING
- Embargoed: 14th October 2019 18:18
- Keywords: soccer tottenham bayern munich champions league
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001AYUP4CF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Tottenham Hotspur's philosophy under manager Mauricio Pochettino should be held up as a beacon for clubs competing in Europe and is proof that patience is ultimately rewarded, Bayern Munich manager Niko Kovac said on Monday.
Despite a limited transfer budget, Spurs have qualified for the Champions League for four consecutive seasons under Pochettino and they exceeded expectations by reaching their maiden final last year, finishing runners-up to Liverpool.
Spurs' biggest threat is Harry Kane, who has scored 160 goals in all competitions in the past five seasons, and Kovac said he saw similarities in his own striker Robert Lewandowski, who has finished as Bundesliga's top scorer four times.
Kovac confirmed defender Lucas Hernandez, who was injured in their last Bundesliga match at Paderborn, was not involved in training while full back David Alaba and winger Ivan Perisic would be fit to play on Tuesday.
(Production: Will Russell, Oliver Regan)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None