- Title: Oprah Winfrey honors Bob Iger at the Save the Children gala
- Date: 3rd October 2019
- Summary: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** HONOREE AND DISNEY CEO BOB IGER POSING FOR PICTURES WITH WIFE, WILLOW BAY ACTOR HARRISON FORD POSING FOR PICTURES ACTRESS AND EVENT HOST JENNIFER GARNER POSING FOR PICTURES (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTRESS AND HONOREE JENNIFER GARNER SAYING: (ON HOW BEING A PART OF THE CHILDREN HAS CHANGED HER AS A PARENT) "I think it just - anything you dig deeply into, whether it's line dancing or charity or, you know, a job whatever you dig deeply into changes you and it affects your parenting in a great way, it just adds more. You just want to be as layered a person as possible and to show your children as many different facets of yourself as you possibly can. And I'm lucky because I am able to do this. And I do want people to be with them while I travel for 'save.' And I do have that conversation of, you know, I know that I'm leaving and that's hard, but this is something that's so important to me and I can maybe help some kids and they, they, they're on board, they get it." ACTRESS ELLEN POMPEO POSING FOR PICTURES ACTOR ANTHONY ANDERSON POSING FOR PICTURES ACTRESS LAKE BELL POSING FOR PICTURES WITH HUSBAND SCOTT CAMPBELL MODEL SUKI WATERHOUSE POSING FOR PICTURES (SOUNDBITE) (English) TV PERSONALITY OPRAH WINFREY SAYING: "I often think about how many people worked hard all week and then gave up their Saturday or their lunch hours or a night with their own children in order to send the message of love and care to kids who desperately needed to receive it. And that desire to go above and beyond to feel blessed enough to want to give something back to offer a hand to a child who could actually use one, that comes from the top. And that comes from a leader who has vision, who has integrity, who has decency, who has daring and a generous heart. And because Bob Iger is a man who possesses all of these gifts and shares them with children and families around the world it is my great delight to present you Mr. Iger, with the Save the Children's Centennial award."
- Embargoed: 17th October 2019 20:25
- Keywords: Save The Children anniversary Harrison Ford Calista Flockhart California Jennifer Garner
- Location: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZJL4CT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Oprah Winfrey helped honor Disney CEO Bob Iger at Save the Children's Centennial Celebration: Once in a Lifetime's west coast gala in Beverly Hills, California on Wednesday (October 2).
Winfrey recently declared she'd campaign for Iger if he was to run for president, however while accepting his award he made clear he would not be entering the race.
"I am not about to become the 25th or the 30th person seeking the presidency in 2020. But I certainly hope that whoever runs and whoever wins makes the safety and well-being of children their number one priority," said Iger.
The 100-year-old organization was founded on the belief that 'every child deserves a future' and operates on three missions; 'to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.'
Among the celebrity guests were actors Harrison Ford and Anthony Anderson, while Jennifer Garner served as host and James Taylor provided the evening's entertainment.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None