- Title: Vigil for Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi held on anniversary of his death
- Date: 3rd October 2019
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 02, 2019) (REUTERS) PEOPLE HOLDING IMAGES OF JAMAL KHASHOGGI DURING A VIGIL VARIOUS OF PEOPLE HOLDING CANDLES DURING VIGIL CANDLES BURNING IN FRONT OF A SKETCH OF KHASHOGGI SIGN SAYING 'JUSTICE FOR KHASHOGGI MAN HOLDING CANDLE DURING VIGIL VARIOUS OF CANDLES BURNING IN FRONT OF POSTER CALLING FOR JUSTICE FOR KHASHOGGI
- Embargoed: 17th October 2019 02:01
- Keywords: Jamal Khashoggi vigil Saudi Arabia journalist death MbS sanctions
- Location: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA001AZJLDTZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Dozens gathered for a candlelight vigil on Wednesday (October 02) outside the Saudi embassy in Washington, D.C. to mark the first anniversary since the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist and critic of the Saudi crown prince, was murdered on October 2, 2018. His dismembered body has never been found. A global outcry ensued and led to U.S. Treasury sanctions on 17 Saudi individuals and a Senate resolution blaming Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Saudi officials have denied suspicions that the crown prince, known as MbS, ordered the killing. Eleven people are on trial in Saudi Arabia.
(Production: Kevin Fogarty and Kia Johnson)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None