- Title: England aware France now a very different proposition
- Date: 8th October 2019
- Summary: ENGLAND TRAINING PROP MAKO VUNIPOLA TRAINING FLANKER TOM CURRY AND LOCK GEORGE KRUIS WARMING-UP VARIOUS OF PLAYERS TRAINING
- Embargoed: 22nd October 2019 08:10
- Keywords: Billy Vunipola England France Rugby World Cup Japan Ben Youngs Wisemantel
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Rugby Union,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002B08J6M7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: England are disregarding the 44-8 thrashing they handed out to France in this year's Six Nations, as they prepared to face a team they said have changed beyond recognition from the sorry outfit destroyed at Twickenham in February.
Both teams have already qualified for the quarter-finals and their Pool C game in Yokohama on Saturday (October 12) marks the first time they have clashed before the knockout stage at a Rugby World Cup.
Speaking to the media on Tuesday (October 8) England were full of praise for the way France have lifted themselves from a poor Six Nations campaign, with much of the credit going to Fabien Galthie, who will succeed Jacques Brunel as head coach after the World Cup.
Scrumhalf Ben Youngs, England's most-capped back with 92, has been on the winning side in seven of the nine games he has played against France and he expects them to cut loose now the pressure of qualification is off.
Coach Eddie Jones is expected to make a few changes to the side, with an eye on next week's quarter-final, with Billy Vunipola highly unlikely to play as he recovers from a twisted ankle.
(Production: Jack Tarrant)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.