- Title: Crystal Palace act after Zaha subjected to racist abuse
- Date: 9th October 2019
- Summary: ABIDJAN, IVORY COAST (FILE - NOVEMBER 2017) (REUTERS) WILFRIED ZAHA TRAINING WITH THE IVORY COAST SQUAD (TWO SHOTS)
- Embargoed: 23rd October 2019 20:40
- Keywords: Wilfried Zaha racist abuse Crystal Palace
- Location: INTERNET/ ABIDJAN, IVORY COAST/ LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: INTERNET/ ABIDJAN, IVORY COAST/ LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0DODOF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Premier League side Crystal Palace said on Wednesday (October 9) they had taken action after Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha was again subjected to racist abuse on social media.
"We will not tolerate this behaviour being directed at any of our players and will fully support them in dealing with such incidents," the South London club said on their website.
"Any action we can take unilaterally as a club will be taken immediately and we will also seek cooperation from other clubs where relevant, following that we will pursue the matter criminally with the full force of whatever the law allows."
Palace did not say what action they had taken or give further details.
Zaha said earlier this year that he was subjected to racist abuse in "nearly every game".
(Production: Jim Hatley)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None