- Title: Trump says U.S.-China trade talks went very well on Thursday
- Date: 10th October 2019
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 10, 2019) (REUTERS) U.S. TREASURY SECRETARY STEVEN MNUCHIN LEAVING OFFICE OF THE UNITED STATES TRADE REPRESENTATIVE (USTR) / GETTING INTO VEHICLE CHINA'S VICE PREMIER LIU HE AND CHINA OFFICIALS, LEAVING USTR, GETTING INTO VEHICLE / AUDIO OF HECKLER SCREAMING IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES "JUSTICE IS DEAD IN CHINA" / VEHICLE TRANSPORTING CHINESE DELEGATION LEAVING, AUDIO OF SIRENS
- Embargoed: 24th October 2019 22:03
- Keywords: trade Mnuchin China Trump Vice Premier Liu He USA war talks White House
- Location: WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES + INTERNET
- City: WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES + INTERNET
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,International Trade
- Reuters ID: LVA002B0IOJ0N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. President Donald Trump said trade talks between U.S. and Chinese officials on Thursday (October 10) went very well and the two sides had a very, very good negotiation.
Trump was speaking to reporters at the White House after top U.S. and Chinese negotiators met for the first time since late July to try to ease a bitter 15-month trade war.
Trump sent another optimistic signal about the talks, tweeting on Thursday that he would meet with China's top negotiator, Vice Premier Liu He at the White House on Friday (October 11).
(Production: Temis Tormo)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None