- Title: French minister: no-deal Brexit likely if Britain does not seek compromise
- Date: 11th October 2019
- Summary: CALAIS, FRANCE (RECENT - SEPTEMBER 24, 2019) (AGENCY POOL) VARIOUS OF LORRIES GETTING OFF FERRY IN CALAIS VARIOUS OF TRUCKS DRIVING TOWARDS PORT
- Embargoed: 25th October 2019 10:36
- Keywords: Brexit Boris Johnson France Amelie de Montchalin withdrawal deal compromise
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / PARIS AND CALAIS, FRANCE
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / PARIS AND CALAIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: European Union,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA003B0NL9VR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A no-deal Brexit is likely if Britain does not seek compromise, French State Secretary for European Affairs Amelie de Montchalin said on Friday (October 11).
Asked whether it was increasingly likely that Britain was heading for a no-deal Brexit, de Montchalin said on France Inter radio: "It is likely".
"At this point, if talks do not proceed the way we hope they will, if there is no desire, particularly from the British side, to find compromise, then a no-deal (Brexit) is possible," she added.
De Montchalin's statements come less than three weeks before Britain is slated to leave the European Union on Oct. 31.
(Production: Michaela Cabrera)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None