- Title: Russia's Putin says global oil inventories need cutting to 'reasonable level'
- Date: 13th October 2019
- Summary: SOCHI, RUSSIA (RELEASED ON OCTOBER 13, 2019) (RUSSIAN POOL) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN SPEAKING DURING INTERVIEW WITH JOURNALISTS FROM RT, SKYNEWS AND AL ARABIYA (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: (PART OVERLAID WITH VARIOUS SHOTS OF JOURNALISTS LISTENING AND INTERVIEWING IN PROGRESS) "Such actions... If someone thinks such acts - seizing tankers and attacking oil infrastructure - will in any way affect Russia's cooperation with our Arab friends, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, or in any way destroy OPEC+ cooperation, then they are all wrong. Quite the opposite, this will unite us because our goal is stability of global energy markets. But on the technical front global inventories need to be reduced to a reasonable level so they do not put pressure on prices." AL ARABIYA JOURNALIST, MOHAMMED TOMAIHI, SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: "We see Saudi Arabia as a friendly state for us. I have established very good relations with the King (Salman) and Crown Prince (Mohammed bin Salman). Our relations develop in almost all spheres." TOMAIHI LISTENING (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: (PART OVERLAID WITH VARIOUS SHOTS OF PUTIN SPEAKING) "We condemn all acts of this sort. It is our official position and there can be no other. We said it right away. And I was speaking about it at the Moscow energy week. There can be no doubt. Such acts do not bring results for anyone, including those who prepare such acts and carry them out. Because if anyone expected this to influence the oil market - this goal was not reached." INTERVIEW IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: "I have just said it and I want to repeat - whoever was behind this incident, we condemn such acts. That's it." INTERVIEW IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 27th October 2019 12:47
- Keywords: Saudi oil facilities drone attack Iran Abqaiq Khurais Aramco Putin Saudi Arabia Salman oil
- Location: SOCHI, RUSSIA
- City: SOCHI, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001B0XK7K7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Russian President Vladimir Putin said global oil inventories need cutting to "reasonable levels" and that attacks in recent months on tankers in the Gulf and Saudi oil sites will bolster cooperation between OPEC, Russia and other oil producers.
Putin was speaking in an interview with Arab broadcasters, including Saudi-owned Al Arabiya TV, ahead of his first visit to Saudi Arabia in more than a decade.
He told Al Arabiya that Russia would work with the kingdom and other partners to "reduce to zero attempts to destabilise the oil market".
The Russian president is due to arrive in Saudi Arabia on Monday (October 14) and then heads to the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday (October 15).
(Production: Anton Derbenev)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None