- Title: Foreigners parade through Jerusalem in support of Israel
- Date: 17th October 2019
- Summary: JERUSALEM (OCTOBER 17, 2019) (REUTERS) PARTICIPANTS FROM PHILIPPINES MARCHING ON THE STREETS OF JERUSALEM AS PART OF THE ANNUAL PARADE VARIOUS OF TOURISTS FROM ANGOLA PLAYING TRADITIONAL MUSIC WOMEN FROM ANGOLA DANCING ISRAELI CHILDREN LOOKING AT PARADE WOMEN SINGING WOMEN FROM BRAZIL CHANTING AND SAYING 'BRAZIL LOVE ISRAEL' (SOUNDBITE) (English) LUCIANO BENTO FROM BRAZIL, PSYCHOLOGIST AND PASTOR, 46-YEARS-OLD, SAYING: "We are here in Israel because we love this nation, we love the Jewish people. We pray for you, we fight for you. Brazil loves Israel so much. Our President, our people, our nation love Israel so much. Haj Sameh (Happy Holiday). Toda (Thank you). Brazil loves Israel." CHINESE PARTICIPANTS MARCHING STREETS CHINESE WOMEN SINGING ISRAELI CHILD LOOKING AT PARADE NORWEGIANS MARCHING STREETS PARADE MARCHING STREETS OF JERUSALEM SOUTH AFRICANS PARTICIPATING AT THE MARCH CHINESE PARTICIPANTS WAVING TO THE CAMERA (SOUNDBITE) (English) CAI XUELI, 33-YEARS-OLD, WORKS AT CHRIST CHURCH IN CHINA, SAYING: "We come here to celebrate, to love Israel and we China love Israel and Haj Sameh (Happy holiday)." PEOPLE LOOKING AT THE PARADE CHILD AT PARADE
- Embargoed: 31st October 2019 15:19
- Keywords: parade sukkot Israelis international Jerusalem
- Location: JERUSALEM
- City: JERUSALEM
- Country: Jerusalem
- Topics: Religion/Belief,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001B1HL6BR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Thousands of flag-waving tourists from dozens of countries marched in Jerusalem on Thursday (October 17) as part of annual religious celebrations that are also a show of support for Israel.
Thursday's parade was festooned with Israeli flags, as well as those of the native countries of the marchers, many of whom also wore their traditional national garb.
Israeli police said more than 12,000 people took part in the march, which the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, a main organizer of the event, described as an "expression (of) our solidarity with Israel."
(Production: Dedi Hayoun, Roleen Tafakji)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None