- Title: Moscow designers turn models into sleepy commuters for metro catwalk
- Date: 23rd October 2019
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) FASHION SHOW VISITOR, SASHA ZHILENKO, SAYING: "The location is awesome. It's very unusual for this kind of event. There are sections about different types of fashion. The metro is a very unusual and not very obvious place for such a show."
- Embargoed: 6th November 2019 14:28
- Keywords: moscow fashion week opens catwalk in metro fashion show in subway
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA003B2BJ0HL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Stressed life of city dwellers and office commutes took central stage in an opening show of Moscow Fashion Week on Tuesday (October 22).
Models strutted an improvised catwalk at a Moscow metro station called 'Delovoy Center' - Russian for 'Business centre' or 'City' - holding coffee cups and rode escalators with travel suitcases.
The station was closed for passengers, but the usual noise of moving carriages still accompanied elegant men and women as they demonstrated outfits designed for those living in a modern megapolis.
Some of the models representing sleep-deprived office workers had dark-circles painted under their eyes, others wore cosmetic eye-patches and had boxes with personal belongings and a table flower to carry - an iconic image for job dismissal.
The show reached its climax with a performance of electronic musician Andrey Lee - who was dressed as a firm director - and his new track titled 'I will sack you!'
Moscow metro - one of the oldest and busiest ones in Europe - is considered a tourist attraction and has long promoted itself as a cultural space hosting classical music concerts and modern performances.
Last week its other station hosted a fashion show as part of Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Russia.
The metro has also said it was planning to cooperate with one of the top sports shoe brands to produce a limited collection of trainers in colours of metro lines scheme.
(Production: Lev Sergeev, Kateryna Malofieieva)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None