- Title: S&P 500, Nasdaq rise on strong tech earnings
- Date: 24th October 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 24, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) HENNION & WALSH ASSET MANAGEMENT PRESIDENT AND CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, KEVIN MAHN, SAYING: "I think it's, can Boris Johnson navigate the successful Brexit at the end of this month? Will the Fed actually cut by 25 basis points next week, which 90% of market participants believe? And, then, is there going to be a phase 2 to U.S. - China? Or will there be new tariffs put in place on December 15th? Those are the biggest uncertainties out there. And that's, at least, what people that in my position are looking at right now. We've already chalked this up. This is a relatively good earnings season, not as good as last year, but relatively good. GDP will come above two percent. Unemployment will stay below four percent. That's all good. That's constructive. But what about those three uncertainties?"
- Embargoed: 7th November 2019 20:12
- Keywords: Microsoft NYSE results New York Stock Exchange Hennion & Welsh earnings Kevin Mahn 3M closing bell
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA002B2GKM19
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq rose on Thursday (October 24) following strong quarterly reports from several technology companies, including Microsoft Corp MSFT.O, but dour results from 3M stymied the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 28.62 points, or 0.11%, to 26,805.33, the S&P 500 gained 5.63 points, or 0.19%, to 3,010.15 and the Nasdaq Composite added 66.00 points, or 0.81%, to 8,185.80.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None