- Title: Mixed martial arts-McGregor announces UFC return on Jan 18 in Las Vegas
- Date: 24th October 2019
- Summary: ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ***WARNING: CONTAINS PROFANITY*** (SOUNDBITE) (English) MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTER, CONOR MCGREGOR, SAYING: "The fight is 12 weeks this Saturday. When I go from this conference, this tour here, I go into camp and you will not see me until I show up to fight." VIDEO CAMERAS (SOUNDBITE) (English) MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTER, CONOR MCGREGOR, SAYING: "My beautiful young kids, my little family - that is what motivates me and inspires me. I want to show them what hard work, and what structure, and what focus can do. I want to show them the best of myself. And that's what I will do on Jan. 18 and continuing into my 2020 season. The return of the Notorious Conor McGregor." MEDIA SITTING DURING NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTER, CONOR MCGREGOR, SAYING: "It is an inevitable rematch. I will tell him (Khabib) this: You can run but you cannot hide. You've seen him last week or whenever it was. He ran out of the press conference, he scurried out of the press conference here in Moscow. It is in his nature. But trust me I am coming for him. But forget him for the minute. Like I said Jan. 18th the return of a fully focused Notorious Conor McGregor will take place in the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ask UFC who the opponent is because I don't give a fuck. I am going to go through the entire roster like a chainsaw through butter. Make no mistake about that."
- Embargoed: 7th November 2019 14:45
- Keywords: MMA Conor McGregor Pari Martch Khabib Nurmagomedov UFC Las Vegas
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Mixed Martial Arts,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA004B2GJ133
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS PROFANE LANGUAGE (SHOWS NO. 3 AND 9)
Irish mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor plans to return to the UFC octagon in Las Vegas on Jan. 18, he told a media conference in Moscow on Thursday (October 24), against an opponent he declined to name.
McGregor said he wants three fights in 2020, including rematches with Nate Diaz and Khabib Nurmagomedov, who defeated the Irishman in a lightweight title bout last year, the Irishman's most recent MMA fight.
"The return of the 'notorious' Conor McGregor will take place on Jan. 18th in the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada ... I am in prime physical condition, I have agreed the date with the company," McGregor told reporters.
"If I was to give you people the name (of the opponent), which I would love to do, the UFC would flip it because they are a crafty company, so for me, here's this one - ask the UFC who the opponent is," he added.
Following that bout, McGregor said he wants a trilogy fight against Nate Diaz, who beat him in March 2016 before McGregor had his revenge with a win in August that year, and then a rematch in Moscow against lightweight champ Nurmagomedov.
(Production: Kateryna Malofieieva)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None