- Title: Islamic Jihad launches rockets, Israel kills 9 Gazans
- Date: 13th November 2019
- Summary: PEOPLE GATHERED INSIDE MORGUE RESIDENTS OF GAZA INSIDE HOSPITAL PEOPLE CONSOLING MAN CRYING ANOTHER MAN CRYING AMBULANCES OUTSIDE HOSPITAL EXTERIOR OF EMERGENCY ROOM AT HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 27th November 2019 15:15
- Keywords: Israel Gaza Islamic Jihad rockets hospital air strikes
- Location: KHAN YOUNIS, GAZA CITY, UNKNOWN LOCATION, GAZA
- City: KHAN YOUNIS, GAZA CITY, UNKNOWN LOCATION, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA004B5DDMIV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Gaza militants fired rockets into Israel and the Israeli military struck from the air killing nine Palestinians on Wednesday (November 13).
The latest strikes have raised the Palestinian death toll to 23 over a two-day escalation in violence since Israel launched strikes to kill an Islamic Jihad commander.
Islamic Jihad published a video showing militants launching rockets toward Israeli towns.
The Israeli military said that it had struck at least five rocket squads on Wednesday morning. Other targets included a rocket warhead manufacturing facility, an Islamic Jihad headquarters and a weapons storage site. Islamic Jihad confirmed that two of its militants were killed in separate strikes.
There were reports of injuries but no deaths inside Israel, where the military said it shot many of the rockets down with air defences.
(Production: Roleen Tafakji/Abed Shana/Nehad Shana/Bassam Massoud/Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None