- Title: U.S. foreign policy under Trump's administration 2017-2018.
- Date: 18th December 2019
- Summary: Thousands of Mexicans march against Trump MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (FILE - FEBRUARY 12, 2017) (REUTERS) PROTESTERS CARRYING MEXICAN FLAG AND CHANTING PROTESTERS MARCHING PEOPLE HOLDING PLACARDS READING (Spanish): "DEPORT YOUR IN LAWS TRUMP" AND (English): "MAKE AMERICA HATE AGAIN" PROTESTERS CARRYING ANTI-TRUMP PLACARDS
- Embargoed: 1st January 2020 18:35
- Keywords: Brexit COP24 Caravan Congress EU Emmanuel Macron Guatemala. Honduras Iran Jerusalem Macron Mexico Netanyahu North Korea Nuclear Republicans Russia Saudi Arabia Theresa May Trump UK Vladimir Putin alliances climate change detention center foreign policy foreign relations global warming immigrants midterms
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA006BAJ0BBB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS NOTE: TRUMP'S FOREIGN POLICY CONTINUES IN EDITS:
0466-USA-TRUMP/FOREIGN POLICY 2018-PART 2 AND 0467-USA-TRUMP/FOREIGN POLICY 2018-PART 3
Donald Trump assumed the office of the President of the United States with a pledge to "make America great again."
Half-way through his first term, Trump claims that task has been accomplished, telling audiences at any of his frequent political pep rallies that "our country is respected again all over the world."
But, in the arena of U.S. foreign policy, whether Trump has engineered a solidification of America's position in the world, or whether he has weakened America's status as the pre-eminent global economic, military, and moral force, is a question that is sharply debated within America's fractious politics.
Few dispute, however, that whatever Donald Trump is doing in his foreign policy, it is unlike the way any previous U.S. president operated on the global stage.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None