- Title: Bolivia's Morales marches with Mothers of Plaza de Mayo in Buenos Aires
- Date: 26th December 2019
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (DECEMBER 26, 2019) (REUTERS) PEOPLE HOLDING THE COLOURFUL WIPHALA - A CHECKERED FLAG SYMBOLIC OF ANDEAN ETHNIC GROUPS - DURING A MARCH WITH MOTHERS OF PLAZA THE MAYO BOLIVIAN FORMER PRESIDENT EVO MORALES PARTICIPATING IN A MARCH WITH MOTHERS OF PLAZA DE MAYO MOTHERS OF PLAZA DE MAYO VARIOUS OF MORALES TOGETHER MOTHERS OF PLAZA DE MAYO PEOPLE HOLDING WIPHALA FLAGS DURING A MARCH OF MOTHER OF PLAZA THE MAYO MORALES AT PLAZA DE MAYO PEOPLE AT PLAZA DE MAYO VARIOUS OF MORALES AMONG PEOPLE MORALES GETTING INTO CAR MORALES LEAVING PLAZA THE MAYO ON BOARD A VEHICLE
- Embargoed: 9th January 2020 22:17
- Keywords: Argentina Bolivia Buenos Aires Evo Morales Mothers of Plaza de Mayo
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- City: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001BBM4QBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Bolivian former President Evo Morales participated on Thursday (December 26) in a traditional march organised by the Mothers of Plaza de Mayo, in Buenos Aires.
The Bolivian leader resides in Argentina where he obtained political asylum after President Alberto Fernandez took power.
Morales maintains an active agenda that includes meeting with the local Bolivian community as well as Argentina's union leaders.
Crowds surrounded Morales who could hardly move.
Morales has announced he plans to return to his home country but in the meantime, he is helping his party prepare for an upcoming special election.
Members of his Movements for Socialism (MAS) coalition party will gather in Buenos Aires next Sunday (December 29) to start choosing their candidates.
(Production: Miguel Lo Bianco)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None