- Title: Japanese prosecutors search Ghosn's Tokyo residence
- Date: 2nd January 2020
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (JANUARY 2, 2020) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF FORMER NISSAN CHAIRMAN, CARLOS GHOSN'S RESIDENCE IN TOKYO MAN STANDING AT RESIDENCE'S ENTRANCE TELLING MEDIA TO NOT FILM MEDIA IN FRONT OF RESIDENCE MAN WITH BLACK LUGGAGE WALKING OUT FROM GHOSN'S RESIDENCE VARIOUS EXTERIOR OF RESIDENCE THREE WIRELESS SECURITY CAMERAS INSTALLED ON BALCONY WIRELESS SECURITY CAMERA ON BALCONY MEDIA FILMING RESIDENCE ENTRANCE OF RESIDENCE
- Embargoed: 16th January 2020 10:34
- Keywords: Former Nissan Motor Chairman Carlos Ghosn Japan Nissan Prosecutors Renault Tokyo fugitive search
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001BUHAONB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Prosecutors on Thursday (January 2) raided the Tokyo residence of ousted Nissan Motor chairman Carlos Ghosn following his surprise escape days ago to Lebanon.
The prosecutors are believed to be looking for any information on how Ghosn escaped out of the country.
Ghosn decided to flee Japan after learning that his trial had been delayed until April 2021 and also because he had not been allowed to speak to his wife, sources close to Ghosn said on Thursday.
Under the terms of his bail, Ghosn was prevented from communicating with his wife, Carole, and had his use of the Internet and other communications restricted while confined to his house in Tokyo.
Ghosn, one of the world's best-known executives, has become Japan's most famous fugitive after he revealed on Tuesday (December 31) he had fled to Lebanon to escape what he called a "rigged" justice system.
(Production: Kim Kyung-Hoon, Akiko Okamoto, Juarawee Kittisilpa)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None