- Title: Mexico's Warlock predicts war after Iraq drone attack
- Date: 3rd January 2020
- Summary: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (JANUARY 3, 2020) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MEXICO'S SELF-PROCLAIMED 'GRAND WARLOCK', ANTONIO VASQUEZ, STROKING THE STATUE OF A CROCODILE VARIOUS OF VASQUEZ SPREADING HIS ARMS AND A STAR OF DAVID BACKGROUND PRESS AT NEWS CONFERENCE VASQUEZ SHOWING CARDS IN HAND GENERAL VIEW OF VASQUEZ DURING NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) WARLOCK, ANTONIO VASQUEZ, SAYING: "It is a war of religions in the Middle East, all against all. In Iran everything was more or less quiet, although they have always been enemies of the United States and now with the drone attack they killed two people yesterday, how terrible. That will unleash a tremendous war. Iran is going to try to invade Iraq and Syria and many other places because of what the United States did. They don't have all the power but in the end it's a war." VASQUEZ SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) WARLOCK, ANTONIO VASQUEZ, SAYING: "It will be tremendous, but that is what Trump wants, he will tell the people that they need him 'we will succeed, vote for me for the next' (United States presidential election). With the death of the Iranian leader (commander Qasem Soleimani), the issue that Trump is being accused of (for impeachment), several things have gone off track a bit. Trump is a very smart person in the way he plays with people's feelings." VASQUEZ SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) WARLOCK, ANTONIO VASQUEZ, SAYING: "I see him (Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador) physically worsen, I feel he has a brain problem and a heart problem. Of course, they (doctors) are treating him very well medically, but it is risky. He is playing with his health. Hopefully, his arrogance doesn't build up like with the other one Evo Morales and stay more years (in power). I don't think his health will permit more years (in power)." JOURNALISTS SPEAKING WITH VASQUEZ VARIOUS OF VAZQUEZ'S ASSISTANTS PERFORMING CLEANSING RITUALS VASQUEZ KISSING AND STROKING THE STATUE OF A CROCODILE
- Embargoed: 17th January 2020 22:14
- Keywords: Iran Iraq Mexico Mexico City Mexico's Grand Warlock New Year President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador President Donald Trump predictions
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Human Interest / Brights / Odd News,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001BUMEBLZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Mexico's self-proclaimed "Grand Warlock' predicted on Friday (January 3) a war in the Middle East after the drone attack in Baghdad that killed a senior Iranian commander.
Antonio Vazquez, known as Mexico's "Brujo Mayor" or "Grand Warlock," said the strike against top Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani, threatens a spiral of violence in the Middle East. He added that Iran will try to invade Iraq and Syria in revenge with The United States.
Vazquez said Trump will take advantage of the attack to promote his presidential reelection and to avoid an impeachment trial in the US Senate.
The overnight attack, authorised by U.S. President Donald Trump, was a major escalation in a "shadow war" in the Middle East between Iran and the United States and American allies, principally Israel and Saudi Arabia.
The "Grand Warlock" also predicted Mexican president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador suffers from medical problems.
Vazquez has a long history of making predictions, having first been broadcast on television in the 1960s.
(Production: Roberto Ramirez)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None