- Title: Israeli army fire tear gas at Palestinians protesting Trump's peace plan
- Date: 29th January 2020
- Summary: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK (JANUARY 29, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ISRAELI ARMY USING WATER CANNON TO DISPERSE PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS/SOLDIERS RUNNING ISRAELI SOLDIERS TAKING THEIR PLACE DURING CLASHES PALESTINIANS THROWING STONES TOWARD ISRAELI ARMY ISRAELI SOLDIERS ISRAELI ARMY JEEP FIRING TEAR GAS/ WATER CANON SPRAYING 'FOUL SMELLING WATER' TOWARD PROTESTERS JERUSALEM (JANUARY 29, 2020) (REUTERS) ISRAELI BORDER POLICE DISPERSING PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS AT DAMASCUS GATE/ POLICE DETAINING A BOY BORDER POLICE ARRESTING A MAN POLICE PUSHING PALESTINIAN MAN AGAINST WALL AND THEN ARRESTING HIM BORDER POLICEMAN ON HORSE DURING PROTEST RAMALLAH, WEST BANK (JANUARY 29, 2020) (REUTERS) ISRAELI SOLDIERS RUNNING TOWARD PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS ISRAELI ARMY JEEP VARIOUS OF PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS RUNNING AWAY JORDAN VALLEY, WEST BANK (JANUARY 29, 2020) (REUTERS) PALESTINIANS PROTESTING IN THE JORDAN VALLEY AGAINST TRUMP'S PEACE PLAN ISRAELI ARMY AT AREA WHERE PALESTINIANS PROTESTING VARIOUS OF PALESTINIANS MARCHING DURING PROTEST ISRAELI SOLDIER CARRYING PALESTINIAN FLAG AFTER CONFISCATING IT FROM A PROTESTER PALESTINIANS WALKING NEAR BY THE ROAD
- Embargoed: 12th February 2020 16:29
- Keywords: Israeli army Palestinians Trump's peace plan protests
- Location: RAMALLAH, BETHLEHEM, JORDAN VALLEY, WEST BANK/JERUSALEM
- City: RAMALLAH, BETHLEHEM, JORDAN VALLEY, WEST BANK/JERUSALEM
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001BY88BIF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Palestinians protested across the West Bank and in Jerusalem on Wednesday (January 29) to vent their anger over U.S. President Donald Trump's proposals for a 'Middle East Peace Plan'.
Israeli police used tear gas and water cannons to disperse the protests and three Palestinians were arrested in Jerusalem.
Protesters could be seen burning tyres as they blocked the roads.
Trump's proposal to create a Palestinian state as part of a Middle East peace plan drew Palestinian condemnation for imposing strict conditions, and praise from Israelis for allowing Israel to maintain control of long-contested West Bank settlements.
Trump set in motion a four-year timeline for Palestinians to agree to a security arrangement with Israel, halt attacks by the Islamist militant group Hamas and set up governing institutions in order to establish a Palestinian state with its capital in Abu Dis, a part of East Jerusalem.
That too poses a potential problem for Palestinians.
(Production: Roleen Tafakji/Sinan Abu Mizar/Mohammed Abu Ganeyeh/Ismail Khadder)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None