- Title: A blend of music and calligraphy regales visitors of West Bank gallery
- Date: 15th February 2020
- Summary: VARIOUS OF HAMARSHEH WRITING CALLIGRAPHY (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) PALESTINIAN CALLIGRAPHY ARTIST, HANA' HAMARSHEH, SAYING: "Hadi (her husband) inspired me with the idea of opening a place where we can combine what we are both interested in which is the Arabic art, (including) Arabic calligraphy and Middle Eastern music. However, because the gallery or the store needs to have visual pieces, it mainly shows Arabic calligraphy." VARIOUS OF HAMARSHEH DRAWING ON BAG (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) PALESTINIAN ARTIST, HADI AL-SADER, SAYING: "We want to combine Hadi with Hana', oud with authentic Arabic calligraphy, and that is where the idea of the project started. Now, the oud element does not show clearly in the store but I'm sure in the future it will gradually become more visible."
- Embargoed: 29th February 2020 12:59
- Keywords: Art Calligraphy Hana' Calligraphy Music Palestinians
- Location: TULKAREM AND NABLUS, WEST BANK
- City: TULKAREM AND NABLUS, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Art,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002C0Q41UH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Against the backdrop of the melodies of oud played by her husband, Palestinian artist Hana' Hamarsheh creates astonishing artworks of Arabic calligraphy, hoping to bring together the two worlds of music and art.
The couple are engineers who found their passion in Arabic calligraphy and music, opened a new business at the West Bank city of Tulkarem where they can mix their artistic creations.
At "Dar Hana", established in December 2019, Hamarsheh creates her artistic pieces including murals, bags, wall clocks, and wooden tables all inscribed with intricate calligraphy writing. Hadi al-Sader, her husband, helps her by playing his oud.
The gallery sells the Hamarsheh's artwork, accessories, as well as offering Arabic calligraphy courses for beginners. In the future, she hopes to teach Arabic calligraphy to children.
They promote their gallery by creating videos where they tell stories using Hamarsheh's calligraphy artwork and Sader's music.
The price of a single piece ranges from $25 to $400.
(Production: Ashraf Abu Shawish, Suheir Sheikh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None