- Title: A blend of music and calligraphy regales visitors of West Bank gallery
- Date: 15th February 2020
- Summary: TULKAREM, WEST BANK (FEBRUARY 9, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PALESTINIAN CALLIGRAPHY ARTIST, HANA' HAMARSHEH, WRITING CALLIGRAPHY, WHILE HUSBAND, HADI AL-SADER, PLAYING OUD VARIOUS OF HAMARSHEH VARIOUS OF HAMARSHEH WRITING CALLIGRAPHY AND DRAWING ON BAG WHILE SADER PLAYING ON OUD SADER'S HAND PLAYING ON OUD
- Embargoed: 29th February 2020 12:59
- Keywords: Art Calligraphy Hana' Calligraphy Music Palestinians
- Location: TULKAREM AND NABLUS, WEST BANK
- City: TULKAREM AND NABLUS, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Art,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001C0Q41UH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Against the backdrop of the melodies of oud played by her husband, Palestinian artist Hana' Hamarsheh creates astonishing artworks of Arabic calligraphy, hoping to bring together the two worlds of music and art.
The couple are engineers who found their passion in Arabic calligraphy and music, opened a new business at the West Bank city of Tulkarem where they can mix their artistic creations.
At "Dar Hana", established in December 2019, Hamarsheh creates her artistic pieces including murals, bags, wall clocks, and wooden tables all inscribed with intricate calligraphy writing. Hadi al-Sader, her husband, helps her by playing his oud.
The gallery sells the Hamarsheh's artwork, accessories, as well as offering Arabic calligraphy courses for beginners. In the future, she hopes to teach Arabic calligraphy to children.
They promote their gallery by creating videos where they tell stories using Hamarsheh's calligraphy artwork and Sader's music.
The price of a single piece ranges from $25 to $400.
(Production: Ashraf Abu Shawish, Suheir Sheikh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.