- Title: Wall Street tumbles, Dow confirms bear market
- Date: 11th March 2020
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (MARCH 11, 2020) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) BARRETT ASSET MANAGEMENT CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER, AMY KONG, SAYING: "So, I think there is definitely another leg to go with regards to this fear. And it happens more often than not, investors tend to shoot first and then ask questions later. So, we're obviously seeing that pan out as, as we speak."
- Keywords: Amy Kong Dow Jones Industrial Average Nasdaq Composite S&P 500 Wall Street coronavirus cruises equities global economy markets pandemic pharma recession worries shares stocks
- Reuters ID: LVA004C4M0SY5
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:13
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Story Text: Wall Street plunged on Wednesday (March 11), with the Dow confirming a bear market for the first time since the 2008 financial crisis as the World Health Organization called the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1,464.63 points, or 5.85%, to 23,553.53, the S&P 500 lost 140.84 points, or 4.89%, to 2,741.39, and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 392.20 points, or 4.7%, to 7,952.05.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska & Fred Katayama)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th March 2020 20:20
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None