Coronavirus patients arrive at hotels turned into makeshift hospitals in BarcelonaRecord ID: 1465426
- Title: Coronavirus patients arrive at hotels turned into makeshift hospitals in Barcelona
- Date: 23rd March 2020
- Summary: BARCELONA, SPAIN (MARCH 23, 2020) (REUTERS) PATIENCE WEARING FACE MASK AND PROTECTIVE ROBE ARRIVING AT A HOTEL TURNED INTO A MAKESHIFT HOSPITAL AMBULANCES AND POLICE CAR PARKED OUTSIDE HOTEL AMBULANCE PARKED OUTSIDE HOTEL POLICE OFFICER COVERING HER FACE IN FRONT OF HOTEL VARIOUS OF AMBULANCE DRIVERS WEARING FULL PROTECTIVE GEAR HEALTH WORKER AND POLICE OFFICER OUTSIDE HOTEL HEALTH WORKERS WEARING FULL PROTECTIVE GEAR AMBULANCE PARKING OUTSIDE HOTEL POLICE OFFICER COVERING THE ENTRANCE TO THE HOTEL WITH A PANEL AMBULANCE PARKING OUTSIDE HOTEL VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WEARING FACE MASKS ARRIVING AT HOTEL WOMAN WEARING PROTECTIVE GEAR INSIDE HOTEL EXTERIOR OF HOTEL
- Keywords: Barcelona Catalonia coronavirus in Spain empty streets hotels used for coronavirus patients lockdown
- Reuters ID: LVA001C69W7RB
- Location: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- City: BARCELONA, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Duration: 00:01:53
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Topics: Health/Medicine
- Story Text: The first patients arrived on Monday (March 23) at a hotel in Barcelona that has been transformed into a makeshift hospital to treat the less severe cases of coronavirus.
Patients were seen walking into the hotel accompanied by health staff amid heavy police and ambulance presence.
Like in other countries hit hard by the virus, nurses, doctors and other health workers have said they are not getting enough protective kits, and space in hospitals is running out.
The number of cases registered in Spain rose to 33,089 up from 28,572 cases on Sunday. This means health workers account for nearly 12% of the total.
The coronavirus death toll has reached 2,182, adding 462 fatalities overnight, the Health Ministry said. Simon said 87% of those who had died were aged 70 or older.
(Production: Jordi Rubio, Luis Felipe Castilleja)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th April 2020 15:24
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None