- Title: USA: Victoria's Secret launches search for new Angel
- Date: 3rd October 2009
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 30, 2009) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) DOUTZEN KROES, VICTORIA'S SECRET MODEL, SAYING: "Victoria's Secret is looking for the first time ever for a new runway angel for the 2009 Victoria's Secret fashion show. There are casting events starting at Yankee Stadium here in New York City on the 3rd of October, then we go to Miami, LA and Chicago."
- Embargoed: 18th October 2009 02:06
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVACFVJK9CAIP72OFFS4RCLQQ80T
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Story Text: Have you ever dreamt of walking around in your underwear with a pair of wings on? Victoria's Secret wants you to do just that.
Doetzen Kroes, one of Victoria's Secret voluptuous beauties, explains.
"Victoria's Secret is looking for the first time ever for a new runway angel for the 2009 Victoria's Secret fashion show. There are casting events starting at Yankee Stadium here in New York City on the 3rd of October, then we go to Miami, LA and Chicago."
Four judges will pick 10 finalists, who will then go through Victoria's Secret boot camp. The public will then be asked to vote for their favorite angel.
The winner will join Kroes along with models Marisa Miller and Miranda Kerr as they walk the runway in lingerie at the Victoria's Secret fashion show on November 19th.
The winning model needs to be between 18-30-years-old, stand at least 5 foot 8 inches. But that's not all, Kroes says there are keys to becoming an angel.
"I think what's really important is that you need to speak well, you need to be a good spokesperson, you need to see what the brand Victoria's Secret is like and represent that and what's also really important is that you have the charisma on the runway."
Keeping that energy level up isn't always easy.
"I think the hardest part is feeling secure about yourself and your body and have that charisma in your underwear."
Contestants can also enter the competition online at VSAllAccess.com.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None