- Title: Four games a day confirmed for 2022 World Cup in Qatar
- Date: 15th July 2020
- Summary: FANS DRINKING BEER IN FAN ZONE DOHA, QATAR (FILE - DECEMBER 18, 2019) (REUTERS) DOHA SKYLINE VARIOUS OF WOODEN BOATS IN HARBOUR VARIOUS OF CAMELS WITH THEIR CAMEL TRADERS
- Embargoed: 29th July 2020 14:12
- Keywords: Al Bayt Stadium FIFA Lusail Stadium Qatar World Cup 2022
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS, QATAR
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS, QATAR
- Country: Qatar
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA005CMX88XR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: World Cup fans will be able to watch an unprecedented four games a day on television, spread out over 11 hours, during the group stage of the Qatar 2022 tournament after the schedule was confirmed on Wednesday (July 15).
With the relatively short travel distances for the venues in and around Doha, it could be possible for fans who travel to the 32-team tournament to attend multiple games each day.
The early games will kickoff at 1300 local (1000 GMT) with the fourth match starting at 2200 local (1900 GMT) and finishing just before midnight.
The tournament's opening game on Nov. 21, will be at the 60,000 capacity Al Bayt Stadium, with its distinctive 'tent' style covering.
The final on Dec. 18 will be held at the 80,000 Lusail Stadium, which, like Al Bayt, will also host a semi-final.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None