- Title: Former FIA boss Mosley dies 81
- Date: 24th May 2021
- Summary: ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** ECCLESTONE ARRIVING AT FIA HEADQUARTERS ECCLESTONE, MOSLEY, AND DI MONTEZEMOLO SITTING DOWN TO NEWS CONFERENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) MAX MOSLEY, FIA PRESIDENT, SAYING: "I will now be able to look at Formula 1 knowing that it is peaceful and stable, and be able to stop, as was always my intention, in October of this year. So I won't present myself for re-election now that we have got peace." WIDE OF NEWS CONFERENCE LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (APRIL 9, 2014) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MOSLEY BEING INTERVIWED
- Embargoed: 7th June 2021 15:29
- Keywords: FIA Formula One Max Mosley motor racing
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Motor Racing,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00CEEBNJ9B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The former boss of Formula 1 motor racing Max Mosley has died at the age of 81, The Sun newspaper said on Monday (May 24).
Mosley, the youngest son of Oswald Mosley, the leader of the British fascist movement in the 1930s, was a racing driver and lawyer before becoming president of the FÃ©dÃ©ration Internationale de l'Automobile, the governing body for Formula One, in 1993.
He won a high-profile privacy case against the News of the World newspaper in 2008 after it said he had taken part in a "sick Nazi orgy", and later gave financial backing to the court costs of claimants in newspaper phone-hacking cases.
(Production: Iain Axon)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None