- Title: Picturesque bay in south-west England setting for first G7 summit in two years
- Date: 30th May 2021
- Summary: CARBIS BAY, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (RECENT - MAY 14, 2021) (REUTERS) (MUTE) (MUTE) DRONE SHOT OF CARBIS BAY HOTEL WHERE G7 SUMMIT WILL BE HELD CARBIS BAY HOTEL, PEOPLE ON BEACH BEACH WITH CARBIS BAY HOTEL IN THE BACKGROUND (MUTE) DRONE SHOT OF CARBIS BAY HOTEL VARIOUS OF CARBIS BAY HOTEL DOGS ON BEACH BEACH WITH CARBIS BAY HOTEL IN THE BACKGROUND (MUTE) DRONE SHOT OF WAVES HITTING BEACH (MUTE) DRONE SHOT OF BEACH WITH CARBIS BAY HOTEL IN THE BACKGROUND ST. IVES, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (RECENT - MAY 14, 2021) (REUTERS) ROCKS IN THE SEA BUILDINGS / BEACH / SEA (MUTE) DRONE SHOT OF WAVES HITTING BEACH COASTLINE (MUTE) DRONE SHOT OF BEACH AND BUILDINGS WAVES HITTING BEACH / PEOPLE ON BEACH (MUTE) DRONE SHOT OF BEACH, SEA, AND BUILDINGS FALMOUTH, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (MAY 14, 2021) (REUTERS) NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM LIGHT ON WATER SIGN READING (English): "NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM CORNWALL" VARIOUS OF NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM VARIOUS OF SIGN ABOVE MUSEUM ENTRANCE READING (English): "WELCOME ABOARD" VARIOUS OF BOATS IN HARBOUR
- Embargoed: 13th June 2021 17:40
- Keywords: Belarus Boris Johnson China England G7 summit Russia coronavirus
- Location: CARBIS BAY, ST IVES AND FALMOUTH, ENGLAND, UK
- City: CARBIS BAY, ST IVES AND FALMOUTH, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,G7,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001EF66WJR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Leaders from the world's Group of Seven (G7) nations will descend on the tranquil county of Cornwall, southwest England, in June for their first in-person meeting in two years.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will hosts the event at the Carbis Bay Hotel, on the county's north coast, overlooking a picturesque coastline and surrounded by rural scenery.
Johnson himself has close ties to Carbis Bay, with his paternal grandmother's family hailing from the area.
The 47th G7 Summit will be the first since 2019 after a planned meeting in the United States was cancelled last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Representatives from Britain, the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan will be joined by European Union leaders Ursula von der Leyen and Charles Michel.
Australia, India, South Korea, and South Africa have also been invited to attend.
French President Emmanuel Macron has said would like to invite the Belarusian opposition, but Britain said there were no plans at the moment to invite further participants, but that "Belarus' reckless and dangerous behaviour" would be discussed.
Western countries are keen to show their support for opponents of Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko after authorities in Minsk forced down a passenger plane on May 23 and arrested a dissident journalist on board.
A range of other issues is thought to be up for debate at the summit, including the ongoing pandemic, China, and former G7 member, Russia.
Recent reports have also suggested G7 nations are close to reaching an agreement on the corporate taxation of multinationals, clearing the way for a global deal later in the year.
(Production: Gerhard Mey, Jonathan Shenfield, Ben Dangerfield)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None