- Title: FILE: Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan welcome second child
- Date: 6th June 2021
- Summary: WINDSOR, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - MAY 19, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGE CARRYING BRITAIN'S DUKE AND DUCHESS OF SUSSEX, HARRY AND MEGHAN, ON THEIR WEDDING DAY / HARRY AND MEGHAN WAVING AT WELL-WISHERS PROCESSION MAKING ITS WAY THROUGH WINDSOR / CROWDS LINING STREETS VARIOUS OF HARRY AND MEGHAN WAVING AT CROWDS VARIOUS OF PROCESSION MAKING ITS WAY TO WINDSOR CASTLE HARRY AND MEGHAN IN CARRIAGE
- Embargoed: 20th June 2021 17:38
- Keywords: Archie Duchess of Sussex Duke of Sussex Meghan Markle Prince Charles Prince Harry Royal family Windsor Castle two years wedding
- Location: WINDSOR AND LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: WINDSOR AND LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA001EG9H9ON
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Meghan, Britain's Duchess of Sussex has given birth to her second child, a baby girl, whom she and husband Prince Harry have named after Queen Elizabeth and his late mother Princess Diana.
Lilibet 'Lili' Diana Mountbatten-Windsor was born on Friday (June 4) at the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in California, with Harry in attendance.
The birth follows a tumultuous year for the couple, who have stepped down from royal duties and moved to the United States to live more independent lives.
Both mother and baby were doing well and were back at home, their press secretary said.
Meghan and Harry have rarely been out of the media spotlight since they gave an explosive interview to U.S. chat show host Oprah Winfrey in February, accusing one unnamed royal of making a racist remark and ignoring her pleas for help when she felt suicidal.
Their first child, Archie, was born in 2019.
(Production: Ben Dangerfield, Natasa Bansagi)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None