- Title: 'Back to the Future' star Michael J. Fox turns 60 on June 9
- Date: 8th June 2021
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - SEPTEMBER 23, 2012) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MICHAEL J. FOX ON RED CARPET WITH FAMILY, FOX AND FAMILY WALKING OFF, FOX WAVING
- Embargoed: 22nd June 2021 12:08
- Keywords: Back to the Future Michael J. Fox Parkinson's disease activist actor
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe
- Reuters ID: LVA007EGJK025
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Canada-born star, who first rose to fame in television series "Family Ties" is best known for 1980s film trilogy "Back to the Future" in which he played teenage Marty McFly who sets off on time travelling adventures with inventor Emmett "Doc" Brown.
Fox also starred in movies such as "Teen Wolf", "Light of Day" and "The Secret of My Success"
He returned to television in political comedy "Spin City", winning multiple awards, but semi-retired from acting in 2000 after announcing he had Parkinson's disease and wanted to focus his efforts on research for a cure.
Fox took roles in other shows including "Boston Legal" and in 2013, starred in a TV comedy "The Michael J. Fox Show" loosely based on his own life suffering from Parkinson's.
Fox married his "Family Ties" co-star Tracy Pollan in 1988 and they have four children.
(Production: Lisa Giles-Keddie / Reporting by Marie-Louise Gumuchian)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None