- Title: Hamas' Sinwar accuses Israel of preventing aid from Qatar
- Date: 21st June 2021
- Summary: GAZA CITY, GAZA (JUNE 21, 2021) (REUTERS) CONVOY CARRYING U.N. MIDDLE EAST ENVOY TOR WENNESLAND IN GAZA EXTERIOR OF HAMAS LEADER IN GAZA YEHYA AL-SINWAR OFFICE (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) HAMAS LEADER IN GAZA YEHYA AL-SINWAR, SAYING: "The occupation is preventing fuel to be imported for the electricity facility, preventing fishermen from fishing deep at sea to bring food for their children and preventing the access of the international aids including the Qatari aid to the poor families. It (the occupation) is punishing every Palestinian in the Gaza Strip." AL-SINWAR TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) HAMAS LEADER IN GAZA YEHYA AL-SINWAR, SAYING: "The meeting was bad, it wasn't positive at all. We made clear to the delegation that we will hold a meeting of all the national and Islamic parties in the Gaza Strip to decide our next step." AL-SINWAR LEAVING SCENE
- Embargoed: 5th July 2021 13:24
- Keywords: Gaza Hamas Israel Palestinians
- Location: GAZA CITY, GAZA
- City: GAZA CITY, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Middle East
- Reuters ID: LVA001EICIYPZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Hamas leader in Gaza Yehya Al-Sinwar accused Israel of preventing aid from Qatar to enter the Strip on Monday (June 21).
Sinwar comments followed a meeting in Gaza with U.N. Middle East envoy Tor Wennesland. The Qatari aid in recent years has bankrolled Gaza reconstruction projects worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
"The meeting was bad, it wasn't positive at all. We made clear to the delegation that we will hold a meeting of all the national and Islamic parties in the Gaza Strip to decide our next step," Sinwar said.
Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett's office did not provide comment on Sinwar's remarks.
(Production: Fadi Shana, Bassam Maoud, Mohammed Salem, Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None