- Title: Israeli army blows up West Bank home of Palestinian who killed Israeli teen
- Date: 8th July 2021
- Summary: TURMUS AYA, WEST BANK (JULY 8, 2021) (REUTERS) VIEW OF THE HOUSE OF MUNTASIR AL-SHALABI, ISRAELI ARMY OUTSIDE HOUSE ISRAELI ARMY PERSONNEL SETTING WIRE FOR EXPLOSIVES HOUSE BEING BLOWN UP BY EXPLOSIVES, SMOKE RISING IN THE AIR, SOUND OF EXPLOSIONS BEING HEARD CLOUD OF SMOKE AND DUST RISING IN THE AIR, SOUNDS OF PEOPLE YELLING IN ARABIC 'GOD IS MIGHTY' ISRAELI ARMY INSPECTING SIGHT AFTER EXPLOSION REMAINS OF DEMOLISHED HOUSE
- Embargoed: 22nd July 2021 08:13
- Keywords: House demolition Israel Palestinians Turmus aya West Bank close to Ramallah
- Location: TURMUS AYA, WEST BANK
- City: TURMUS AYA, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Middle East
- Reuters ID: LVA001EKZDRNR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Israeli army on Thursday (July 8) blew up the house of a jailed Palestinian assailant who killed an Israeli teen in a drive-by shooting in May.
Flames and smoke emerged from the house of Muntasir Al-Shalabi, a U.S. national, in Turmus Aya, near Ramallah after the army blew it up.
The military said that on May 2, Al-Shalabi opened fire at a busy West Bank intersection, seriously wounding two Israelis. It said he fired from a car near a Jewish settlement before driving off.
One of the Israelis, 19-year-old Yehuda Guetta, died of his injuries on May 5.
The Israeli Security Agency, also known as Shin Bet, has said it had arrested a Palestinian suspect over the shooting, identifying him as a 44-year-old resident of the Palestinian village of Turmus Aya.
The Shin Bet said the man was not affiliated with any militant group.
(Production: Mohamad Torokman, Lee Marzel, Nuha Sharaf)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None