- Title: Mural of Southgate, Kane and Sterling painted before Euro final
- Date: 11th July 2021
- Summary: NUNEATON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 10, 2021) (REUTERS) MURAL OF ENGLAND FORWARD, HARRY KANE, ENGLAND MANAGER, GARETH SOUTHGATE AND ENGLAND FORWARD, RAHEEM STERLING TWO WEST HAM UNITED FANS STANDING IN FRONT OF THE MURAL, HOLDING AN INFLATABLE TROPHY, WITH A MESSAGE ON IT, READING: "#3LIONSONTHEWALL" PEOPLE TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE MURAL FAN HOLDING THE TROPHY WHILE POSING FOR A PHOTOGRAPH VIEW OF THE MURAL MAN HOLDING THE INFLATABLE TROPHY WHILE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- Embargoed: 25th July 2021 09:19
- Keywords: England Euro 2020 Gareth Southgate Harry Kane Italy Raheem Sterling mural
- Location: NUNEATON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: NUNEATON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001ELEBMFB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: An artist has painted a large mural of England's Gareth Southgate, Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling ahead of the Euro 2020 final on Sunday (July 11).
The mural has appeared on a wall in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. It was created by street artist N4T4, also known as Nathan Parker.
On Saturday (July 10), people were having their photo taken with the mural in return for a small donation as the local community raise money to buy a defibrillator after Danish midfielder had a cardiac arrest during the Euro 2020 game between Denmark and Finland last month.
The mural was painted as a tribute to England manager Southgate as well as Kane and Sterling who have scored seven goals between so far this tournament.
England take on Italy at Wembley Stadium on Sunday night with the hope of winning their first major trophy since the 1966 World Cup.
Italy, four-times world champions, won the European Championship in 1968.
(Production: Lee Smith, Tim Hart)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None