- Title: UK PM Johnson worried about his dog's 'romantic urges' in Downing Street
- Date: 27th July 2021
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - DECEMBER 12, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** JOHNSON LEAVING POLLING STATION / JOHNSON WAVING / JOHNSON PICKING UP DOG / JOHNSON KISSING DOG / JOHNSON WALKING AWAY
- Embargoed: 10th August 2021 14:05
- Keywords: Boris Johnson Dilyn the dog Priti Patel UK dogs
- Location: SURREY, UXBRIDGE AND LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: SURREY, UXBRIDGE AND LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002ENM722V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Tuesday (July 27) that his dog Dilyn had "romantic urges" and was "endlessly on people's legs" in Downing Street.
Johnson and Carrie Symonds revealed in 2019 that they had adopted a rescued Jack Russell-cross puppy named Dilyn.
"Do you have to worry about his romantic urges?" Johnson asked a police dog handler with an Alsatian. The handler replied: "No, not so much."
"No? Well, our, my dog is, endlessly, on people's legs," Johnson said, as interior minister Priti Patel chuckled.
During the inspection of the police dogs, Johnson praised the dogs.
"They do inspire a certain kind of awe don't they on the streets?" Johnson said. "You know if you were a miscreant you wouldn't want them biting the seat of your pants."
Patel praised the teeth of the dogs.
"And those teeth look pretty good for when, as the prime minister has said, you need to sort of go after someone and nibble," Patel said with a smile.
(Production: Helena Williams, Hannah Ellison, Natasa Bansagi)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None