- Title: Blackstone and Hudson Pacific plan $1 billion film studios in UK
- Date: 2nd August 2021
- Summary: IVER HEATH, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, ENGLAND UK (FILE - DECEMBER 21, 2015) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PINEWOOD STUDIOS ENTRANCE AND SIGN VARIOUS OF PINEWOOD STUDIOS BUILDINGS VARIOUS OF ROAD SIGNS READING (English) "STUDIO DRIVE" AND "GOLDFINGER AVENUE" VARIOUS OF POST PRODUCTION ENTRANCE, VEHICLES DRIVING PAST OCHO RIOS, JAMAICA (FILE - APRIL 25, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ACTOR DANIEL CRAIG AND CO-STARS FROM BOND FILM ''NO TIME TO DIE'' POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS, WITH ACTOR LÃ‰A SEYDOUX JOINING DIRECTOR CARY JOJI FUKUNAGA LEAVESDEN, HERTFORDSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - MARCH 31, 2012) (REUTERS) TOUR BUS DRIVING PAST WARNER BROS, STUDIOS LEAVESDEN SIGN READING (ENGLISH): "SAYING 'THE MAKING OF HARRY POTTER" EXTERIOR STUDIOS VARIOUS OF POSTER SHOWING CHARACTER OF HARRY POTTER RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 16th August 2021 15:09
- Keywords: Blackstone Hudson Pacific Properties James Bond Sunset Studios film movie
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Europe,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA003EOL8C5P
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. firms Blackstone and Hudson Pacific Properties said they planned to create a major film, TV and digital production complex in Broxbourne, north of London, in the first overseas expansion of their Sunset Studios platform.
Funds managed by the two companies had acquired a 91-acre site, 17 miles from central London, for 120 million pounds, they said on Sunday (August 1), adding that the total investment would be more than 700 million pounds ($975 million).
Subject to planning permission, they said they would build a world-class film and television studio campus, creating more than 4,500 permanent jobs.
Investment firm Blackstone last year bought a 49% stake in real estate company Hudson Pacific's Hollywood media portfolio, comprising 35 sound stages and offices, including the facilities where hits "La La Land" and "When Harry Met Sally" were made.
Blackstone's head of real estate Europe James Seppala said the partners intended to deliver a studio facility that would help ensure that Britain continued to be a premier destination for production.
Other studios in the UK include Pinewood Studios where the James Bond films are shot, Leavesden Studios where films in the Harry Potter franchise are made and Elstree Studios, known for films such as Star Wars.
($1 = 0.7191 pounds)
(Production: Paul Sandle, Barbara Lewis, Sarah Mills)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None