- Title: 'Friends' Aniston and Schwimmer are not dating - representative
- Date: 11th August 2021
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 10, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF U.S. ACTOR, JENNIFER ANISTON SPEAKING TO REPORTERS AT "MURDER MYSTERY" PREMIERE LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - MARCH 21, 2011) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF U.S. ACTOR, DAVID SCHWIMMER AT "TRUST" PREMIERE LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - MARCH 24, 2008) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF SCHWIMMER SPEAKING TO REPORTERS AT "RUN, FAT BOY, RUN" PREMIERE LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - APRIL 20, 2015) (REUTERS) "FRIENDS" ACTOR, COURTENEY COX WITH FIANCE JOHNNY MCDAID ARRIVING AT "JUST BEFORE I GO" PREMIERE BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - NOVEMBER 10. 2003) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) "FRIENDS" ACTOR, MATT LEBLANC ON RED CARPET SPEAKING TO REPORTER "FRIENDS" ACTORS, MATTHEW PERRY AND LISA KUDROW ON RED CARPET KUDROW SPEAKING TO REPORTER LEBLANC SPEAKING TO REPORTER PASADENA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATE (FILE - JANUARY 7, 2001) (REUTERS) (MUTE) VARIOUS OF STILL PHOTOGRAPHS OF ANISTON AND SCHWIMMER AT PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS STILL PHOTOGRAPH OF SCHWIMMER, ANISTON AND KUDROW AT PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS
- Embargoed: 25th August 2021 15:10
- Keywords: David Schwimmer Friends Jennifer Aniston dating
- Location: LOS ANGELES, BEVERLY HILLS, BURBANK, PASADENA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, BEVERLY HILLS, BURBANK, PASADENA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001EPU7UJ1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actors and "Friends" Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer are not dating, a representative told Reuters on Wednesday (August 11), following British newspaper reports that a real-life romance was in the air.
"This tabloid story stemming from the UK is a complete fabrication. They are not dating and they are not romantically involved," Aniston's agent said.
The stars of the hit Emmy-award-winning television series "Friends" that ran from 1994 to 2004 played on-off couple Rachel and Ross on screen.
British newspapers have reported that the couple has been spending more time together recently.
In May this year, at a reunion special airing on HBO Max, Aniston and Schwimmer revealed for the first time that they had major crushes on each other in the early years of the series, but the first time they kissed was when their characters did so on-screen in 1995.
"I just remember saying one time to David, it's gonna be such a bummer if the first time you and I actually kiss is going to be on national television. Sure enough! First time we kissed was in that coffee shop," Aniston said in "Friends: The Reunion."
"We just channeled all of our adoration and love for each other into Ross and Rachel," she added.
The passionate kiss in the Central Perk coffee shop in the Season 2 episode "The One Where Ross Finds Out" is widely considered one of the highlights of the series, which came to an end in 2004 with the two characters finally getting back together.
Schwimmer and Aniston said the mutual attraction lasted for the first two years of the show, but they never got together as a couple off-screen because they were both in relationships or between relationships with other people.
"We were both crushing hard on each other, but it was like two ships passing because one of us was always in a relationship. So we never crossed that boundary, you know. We respected that," said Schwimmer.
Schwimmer recalled that "in the very first year or two when we had breaks from rehearsal, there were moments when we would cuddle on the couch."
"Friends: The Reunion" comes 17 years after the comedy about twenty-somethings living in New York City ended its 10-year run. It co-starred Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry. It remains one of the most popular shows in re-runs and on streaming platforms.
(Production: Lisa Giles-Keddie)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None