- Title: TikTok Star Addison Rae makes her film debut
- Date: 24th August 2021
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (RECENT - AUGUST 9, 2021) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTORS ADDISON RAE AND TANNER BUCHANAN SAYING: TANNER: "I think it's a little bit of both. I think, you know, we put a lot of work into it, so we're excited. But, you know, obviously we have to live up to the original as well. So, we want to make sure everybody likes it and I think they will, so." ADDISON: "Yeah, I'm nervous and excited. Nervous because it's my first film, but very excited because I know I did my best. And obviously, like Tanner said, you know, we have a lot to live up to. But I think we, we definitely took on the role of it being a reimagining."
- Embargoed: 7th September 2021 17:33
- Keywords: addison rae film netflix he's all that movie social media
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNKNOWN FILM LOCATIONS / INTERNET
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNKNOWN FILM LOCATIONS / INTERNET
- Country: US
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA002ERN22J1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: TikTok star Addison Rae makes her feature film debut in "He's All That" set to premiere on Netflix Friday (August 27).
For Rae, the transition from social media to mainstream is a dream come true.
"As long as I can remember, I've had a huge passion for just entertaining and making people smile and being in front of a screen. And, and being a part of this film is so incredible and hopefully just the beginning for everything that is to come," the 20-year-old said.
The film is a reboot of the 1999 film "She's All That" and parallels Rae's real life as a popular social media influencer. In the movie Rae plays Padgett, a teen who suffers heartbreak and embarrassment live online. In order to redeem herself she attempts to turn an unknown classmate into a popular prom king. Her plan hits a snag when she finds herself crushing on her pet project.
Since 2019 Rae has gained over 82 million followers on TikTok and her videos has amassed over 5.4 billion likes. Her whirlwind of success has brought both admiration and criticism.
"There's always going to be a side of the internet that is a little more critical and judgmental," she said. "And I think at the end of the day, I think remembering who I am, which is what Padget ends up finding out and learning, is that, you know, you really have to know yourself and embrace who you are and love who you are and know your intentions and know your heart."
The film also stars Rachael Leigh Cook from the original film and reality star Kourtney Kardashian also makes an appearance.
(Production: Alicia Powell)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None