- Title: Steve Martin and Martin Short welcome Selena Gomez
- Date: 30th August 2021
- Summary: LOS ANGLES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 18, 2021) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTORS, MARTIN SHORT AND STEVE MARTIN, SAYING: MARTIN: "Fun, fun." STEVE: "We actually love talking about it. We like - the three of us, like each other. And, and we're proud of the show." MARTIN: "Yeah, that's a huge part. I think if you have to do something like this and you're questioning the outcome it's a it's a harder afternoon. But this, I think the three of us are just so happy with how the show turned out."
- Embargoed: 13th September 2021 17:47
- Keywords: comedy hulu martin short only murders in the bulding podcast selena gomez sitcom steve martin true crime
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORINA, UNITED STATES / UNKNOWN FILM LOCATIONS
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORINA, UNITED STATES / UNKNOWN FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Television,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA002ESH2UKT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDIT CONTAINS PROFANITY
Old friends Steve Martin and Martin Short have teamed up again for the new mystery comedy, "Only Murders in the Building."
The duo added actress Selena Gomez to their circle for the Hulu series about three neighbors who attempt to solve a murder in their building while recording a podcast at the same time.
Gomez said she was honored to work with the pair and felt very welcomed.
"I do have to say, because it is really special and it is exactly what you would picture, to be honest. You're on set and, you know, you have a break and you're talking about the news or you're talking about music and relationships or whatever, and they're just going back and forth. It's just the best," she said.
Co-star Aaron Dominguez said there was always laughter on set with "Martins."
"Explaining what Steve Martin and Martin Short's relationship is to people is like they're the ying to each other's yang. Like, you know, new bits every two seconds."
Martin co-created the show which he said bloomed out of his love for true crime stories and said he is really proud of the show. With Short agreeing: "I think the three of us are just so happy with how the show turned out."
Short and Martin's relationships spans over 35 years. The pair first worked together on the film "The Three Amigos. When asked what it is they like about each other they both listed humor as the base.
"I find him funny, that's the big attraction, but more and that's the initial reason you end up being friendly toward someone, for me. But then the second part is his unbelievable kindness and decency as a, as a man," said Short.
"Marty is the perfect person. So, if you're hosting a dinner partyâ€¦ And then Marty says, I can't come. Cancel the party, it just won't be as much fun. You know, Marty is in high demand as just a personality of humor andâ€¦" said Martin.
The show will beginning streaming on August 31st.
(Production: Alicia Powell)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None