- Title: Protesters arrested during Paris health pass demonstrations
- Date: 4th September 2021
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 4, 2021) (REUTERS) POLICE DESCENDING ESCALATORS INTO SHOPPING MALL TO DISPERSE PROTESTERS POLICE PUSHING PROTESTER, TELLING HER TO MOVE BACK POLICE ARRESTING PROTESTER BELIEVED TO HAVE BEEN DESTROYING PUBLIC PROPERTY WOMAN CHANTING (French): "EVERYONE HATES THE POLICE"/ POLICE WALKING PAST POLICE POLICE STOPPING PEOPLE FROM PASSING WOMAN STRUGGLING, POLICE CARRYING HER AWAY HANDCUFFED MAN BEING LED OUT POLICE CHARGING AT PEOPLE POLICE LEAVING, BEING BOOED VARIOUS OF POLICE DIRECTING PEOPLE TO WALK AROUND DEMONSTRATION SITE
- Embargoed: 18th September 2021 17:59
- Keywords: France arrests police
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Europe,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001ETAZ70N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Police in Paris arrested several protesters believed to have been destroying public property on Saturday (September 4) during anti-health pass protests.
Thousands of demonstrators took to the streets for the eighth consecutive weekend.
Police dispersed protesters at an underground shopping mall in the centre of the capital as some demonstrators chanted "Everyone hates the police".
The health pass is official documentation, with a QR scan code, that proves a person has had the COVID-19 vaccine.
Many French bars, restaurants, museums and sports venues will not allow people inside unless they can show the health pass.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None