- Title: Fancy footwork on show in Argentina for World Tango Championship final
- Date: 26th September 2021
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) WINNER OF SALON CATEGORY, BARBARA FERREYA, SAYING: "For me it's been the present of a lifetime, knowing that it's my birthday and to be able to do what I love most, after having spent so much time not dancing (due to pandemic). And to show our tango and our art to the world and to come out as champions in one of the categories, it's a present from God, from the universe."
- Embargoed: 10th October 2021 05:23
- Keywords: Argentina Buenos Aires World Tango Championship
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- City: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,South America / Central America,Music,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA002EWCTZD3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The dancefloor was heating up in Buenos Aires on Saturday (September 25) as couples kicked up their heels for the final of the World Tango Championships.
And it was a homegrown affair with local couples beating out international competitors to take out the night's top trophies for the salon tango and the stage tango categories.
Agustin Agnez and Barbara Ferreyra won the salon tango competition. It was a double celebration for Ferreyra with her win coming on her birthday.
Emmanuel Casal and Yanina Muzyka took out the stage tango category. With his distinctive green hair adding a modern element to traditional tango, Casal called on youth to embrace tango.
The 2021 tango event also featured workshops, classes and exhibitions, with spectators encouraged to join the fun and shake a leg themselves in "milongas," or tango dance halls.
(Production: Miguel Lo Bianco, Claudia Martini, Paul Vieira)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None