- Title: Britney Spears fans gather outside court ahead of conservatorship hearing
- Date: 29th September 2021
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 29, 2021) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS PROFANITY*** SUPPORTERS OF POP STAR BRITNEY SPEARS MARCHING IN FRONT OF COURT, CHANTING (English): 'BRITNEY'S BODY, BRITNEY'S CHOICE' WOMAN HOLDING SIGN SAYING THE WORLD IS WATCHING SUPPORTERS ON STREET OUTSIDE COURT WOMAN SHOUTING 'FREE BRITNEY' INTO BULLHORN SIGN READING (English): 'TREATED LIKE AN ADULT AS A CHILD AND A CHILD AS AN ADULT #FREEBRITNEY' SIGN READING (English): 'BRITNEY DOESN'T NEED A CONSERVATORSHIP, IT NEEDS HER' SIGN READING (English): 'NOT A SLAVE FOR YOU BITCH' WOMAN HOLDING FRAMED PHOTOGRAPH OF SPEARS AMERICAN FLAG WITH #FREEBRITNEY ON IT PERSON WITH 'FREE BRITNEY' SHAVED INTO HAIR BRITNEY SUPPORTER KEVIN WU, 37, FROM LOS ANGELES, TALKING TO TWO PEOPLE (SOUNDBITE) (English) BRITNEY SUPPORTER KEVIN WU, 37, FROM LOS ANGELES, SAYING: "It feels great to know that the Free Britney movement has made a positive change, both for Britney Spears and everybody else who's affected by the system and we're hoping that today, there are some substantial steps taken toward Britney Spears' freedom. Either her father, Jamie Spears, has got to be removed as conservator or the conservatorship could be terminated altogether." OFFICERS FROM THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT OUTSIDE COURTHOUSE MEDIA OUTSIDE COURTHOUSE SIGN READING (English): 'LOS ANGELES SUPERIOR COURT STANLEY MOSK COURTHOUSE' PEOPLE HOLDING UP SIGNS AND CHANTING 'FREE BRITNEY NOW' MEN HOLDING SIGNS SUPPORTERS CHANTING 'FREE BRITNEY NOW'
- Embargoed: 13th October 2021 21:37
- Keywords: Britney Army Britney Spears Free Britney conservatorship court fans supporters
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: US
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions,United States
- Reuters ID: LVA001EWRXAVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Britney Spears case returns to court on Wednesday (September 29) after a summer of surprise turns, shocking allegations, an engagement and mounting expectations that the 13-year-old legal arrangement that controls the singer's life will soon end.
After years of glacial progress, the past two months have seen the "Circus" singer's father, Jamie Spears, make a surprise request for her conservatorship to end, and Spears, 39, getting engaged to her long-term boyfriend.
A documentary alleged that the singer's phone and bedroom were bugged, and Spears' attorney is demanding that Jamie Spears be suspended as the guardian of the singer's $60 million estate.
It was unclear how much will be discussed at Wednesday's hearing in Los Angeles Superior Court or whether Judge Brenda Penny will make any immediate decisions.
Fans and supporters gathered outside the courthouse ahead of the hearing, chanting 'Free Britney' and 'End the conservatorship now'.
(Production: Sandra Stojanovic, Rollo Ross)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None