- Title: Wife of Orlando nightclub gunman arrested: U.S. attorney general
- Date: 16th January 2017
- Summary: ORLANDO, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 12, 2016) (REUTERS - BROADCASTERS: NONE DIGITAL: NONE) POLICE BLOCKING ROAD FIRE DEPARTMENT CAR DRIVING PAST
- Embargoed: 30th January 2017 18:15
- Keywords: Mateen Pulse wife Orlando shooter Lynch investigation
- Location: ORLANDO, FLORIDA / UNIDENTIFIED LOCATIONS
- City: ORLANDO, FLORIDA / UNIDENTIFIED LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA0065ZC09JB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. authorities have arrested the wife of the gunman who killed 49 people at an Orlando gay nightclub last year, a massacre that intensified fears about "lone wolf" attacks against Americans, the U.S. attorney general said on Monday (January 16).
The wife of Omar Mateen, who was killed by police during the rampage at the Florida club in June, was arrested at her home outside San Francisco, the New York Times reported, citing an unnamed law enforcement official.
Noor Salman faces federal charges of obstruction of justice, and aiding and abetting the attempted provision of material support to a foreign terrorist organization, ABC News reported, citing the FBI and her lawyer.
Salman, who was repeatedly questioned by law enforcement interrogators after the club attack, is expected to appear in court on Tuesday. She will then face extradition to Tampa, where she was indicted, ABC reported.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None