- Title: FILE/VARIOUS: "Baywatch" star and sometime singer David Hasselhoff turns 60
- Date: 16th July 2012
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS) ***CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF DAVID HASSELHOFF (SOUNDBITE) (English) DAVID HASSELHOFF, ACTOR, SAYING: "It's just an amazing way of raising awareness for your charity or your sponsor, or whoever you want and seeing the world. I mean, this guy got this so wired that last time they went from San Francisco to China and I mean to China and they pulled into Tiananmen Square." LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HASSELHOFF ON RED CARPET (SOUNDBITE) (English) DAVID HASSELHOFF, ACTOR, SINGER AND TV PRESENTER, SAYING: "Forget about concentrating. Go with your feelings and just fantasize about her all day long because that's what being a child's about; is fantasizing about your teachers, and then when you're a teacher, it's about fantasizing about your students. A-ha, that's what life's about; it's about feeling and getting woo-hoo! That's what you need. That's right." BERLIN, GERMANY (FILE) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HASSELHOFF AT MTV EUROPE AWARDS
- Embargoed: 31st July 2012 13:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts,People
- Reuters ID: LVADHQZXFQQDO9UVXQIU0ZGQUH04
- Story Text: Actor and singer David Hasselhoff, who became a household name in the 1980s and 90s turns 60 on July 17.
He is best known for his lead roles as Michael Knight in the popular 1980s U.S. TV series "Knight Rider" and as L.A. County Lifeguard Mitch Buchannon in the series "Baywatch." Hasselhoff also crossed over to a music career during the end of the 1980s and the early 1990s. He has also enjoyed some success as a singer, primarily in German-speaking Europe.
More recently, Hasselhoff returned to television as a judge on NBC's "America's Got Talent" from 2006 to 2009. In 2011, he joined the "Britain's Got Talent" judging panel, alongside Simon Cowell.
Hasselhoff has had his battles with alcohol. In 2007, the actor fell under the media's harsh glare for his infamous "cheeseburger video" taped by his daughter. In it, an obviously drunk Hasselhoff tries to eat a burger off the floor of a hotel room. Over the years, he has sought help for drinking and mended fences with his daughters.
He is rumored to have a cameo role as himself in the upcoming big screen "Baywatch" movie.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None