- Title: FRANCE: FASHION - Old is new for Franck Sorbier haute couture collection
- Date: 9th July 2009
- Summary: VARIOUS METAL PORTRAIT OF CLOCK ELEMENTS VARIOUS MODELS STANDING, MALE MODEL WEARING LONG BLACK SAILORS JACKET, FEMALE MODEL WEARING EMBROIDERED BLACK DRESS COAT OF A MOSAIQUE OF CLOTH, RIBBONS, BRAIDS VARIOUS MODELS STANDING, MALE MODEL WEARING BLACK ROBE OVER A WHITE SHIRT AND WOOLLEN BLACK TROUSERS, FEMALE MODEL WEARING OTTOMAN STYLE SKIRT DRESS IN MOIRE FABRIC VARIOUS MODEL WEARING SHORT BLACK BALLROOM DRESS WITH CARTIER NECKLACE PAN FROM MODEL SITTING, WEARING GLAM-ROCK BLACK COAT TO LONG ROBE DETAILED IN RED RIBBONS DOWN TO UP PAN OF LONG ROBE DETAILED IN RED RIBBONS
- Embargoed: 24th July 2009 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVAUU1I0BW1XQGM40DRJBZ043I4
- Story Text: French designer Franck Sorbier's presented in Paris on Wednesday, his latest haute couture collection, called 'Faces of the Atmosphere' (Gueules d'AtmosphÃ¨res) and which features various portraits represented in metal, textile and dresses.
As opposed to a catwalk, models display the collection across five rooms in a gallery One design, a long red dress with intricately braided red ribbons stands alone on a wooden mannequin. The dress has absorbed more than 500 hours of work.
The colour theme this season seems to be black, white and shades of red and most pieces featured detailed embroidery and ribbon designs.
In addition to the dresses, there are also textile and metal portraits displayed on stands. Several metal protraits are made of clockwork elements.
Franck Sorbier, a self-proclaimed trouble-maker in the industry, is celebrating his 10th year on the haute couture circuit with his traditional poetic and theatrical style.
The show coincides with a credit crunch that brought lean times to some luxury industries. Sorbier says he is reflecting the times by replacing new extravagances with recycled material.
But despite the economic difficulties facing the industry there will still be 21 shows this season, the same number as last season. The event runs for three days.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.