- Title: FRANCE: A pregnant Stella McCartney shows spring/summer 2011 collection
- Date: 5th October 2010
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER 4, 2010) (REUTERS) CLOSE OF CANDLES / PEOPLE WALKING INTO BUILDING FOR STELLA MCCARTNEY SHOW (*** FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ***) PEOPLE WALKING UP STAIRS FRONT ROW GUESTS SALMA HAYEK POSING FOR PHOTOS WIDE OF CATWALK BEFORE SHOW FAR VIEW OF PAUL MCCARTNEY TAKING SEAT ON FRONT ROW WITH JOURNALISTS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS CALLING OUT HIS NAME VARIOUS OF PALE PINK SUIT WITH HIGH-WAISTED TROUSERS AND PEACH WORK SHIRT UNDERNEATH VARIOUS OF DANISH MODEL FREJA BEJA ERICHSEN WEARING DENIM TUNIC TOP WITH SMALL FLARED BEIGE TROUSERS AUDIENCE FLOOR-LENGTH BLUE KAFTAN VARIOUS OF SILVER CHINESE DRESS WITH SLITS CUT INTO SKIRTING VARIOUS OF WHITE SLEEVELESS TUXEDO SHIRT WITH WHITE SHORTS VARIOUS OF BLACK SLEEVELESS TUXEDO SHIRT WITH BEIGE AND BLACK SKIRT WITH SLITS WIDE OF CATWALK VARIOUS OF HALTERNECK TROPICAL PRINT DRESS WITH SLITS IN SKIRTING AUDIENCE VARIOUS OF MODELS' FINAL WALK THROUGH AUDIENCE CLAPPING MORE OF MODELS FINAL WALK PREGNANT STELLA MCCARTNEY WALKING OUT TO TAKE BOW PAUL MCCARTNEY IN CROWD WIPING FACE
- Embargoed: 20th October 2010 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA7IT13L6DVQ5RPKUPVE1JYHDXA
- Story Text: Stella McCartney may have dedicated her new collection to family and friends on Monday (October 4) but sartorially, she paid homage to Yves Saint Laurent with tuxedo-inspired tops and all-white suits.
The heavily pregnant British designer unveiled her spring/summer 2011 collection at Paris Fashion Week.
Models sashayed past her father, former Beatle Paul McCartney, in sleeveless, low-cut white satin jackets on slit, open skirts.
Stella McCartney is the latest designer to have been hit by the Saint Laurent fever, fashion critics say.
Looking at the trends for the next spring/summer collection, the iconic designer also influences Marc Jacobs' bright colours and Givenchy's black and white suits.
Saint Laurent's stylistic presence on the runway coincides with a series of retrospective exhibitions on the French designer and a recently released feature film about his love story with his long-standing business partner Pierre Berge.
Saint Laurent, who died two years ago, is widely regarded as having changed the way women dress by putting them into pants both day and night, into safari jackets and into what the French called "Le smoking," the tuxedo jacket.
But McCartney's new collection also included ample denim tops and outfits and as well as suits and dresses made with large citrus prints which drew praise from front-row guests.
Stella McCartney is part of the Gucci Group which is owned by the PPR luxury and retail group, headed by Francois-Henri Pinault, who was present at her show, together with his actress wife Salma Hayek.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.