- Title: ITALY: D&G go to Glastonbury, Armani heads south for inspiration
- Date: 25th September 2007
- Summary: (BN13) MILAN, ITALY (SEPTEMBER 24, 2007) (REUTERS) MODEL WITH A WHITE SILK DRESS MODEL WITH DENIM BLUE JUMPER WHITE SHIRT AND SILK SEE-THROUGH SKIRT MODEL WITH BEIGE TROUSERS WHITE SHIRTS AND BROWN ROUND-NECK JUMPER VARIOUS OF MODEL WITH JEANS, DENIM SHIRT AND BROWN PRINT JACKET AUDIENCE WATCHING THE SHOW MODEL WEARING GOLD SNAKE PRINT MINI SKIRT , BLUE DENIM SHIRT AND BLACK AND WHITE PRINT V-NECK JUMPER MODEL WEARING BLUE SHIRT DENIM SHORTS AND SANDALS MODEL WEARING SHORT DRESS MODEL WEARING GREY T-SHIRT, DENIM TOPS AND TASSELLED YELLOW JACKET MODEL WEARING YELLOW TASSELLED SHORT DRESS MODEL WEARING DENIM SHORTS, BLUE SHIRT AND BLUE JACKET HOLDING OVER-SIZED BAG MODEL WEARING DENIM JACKET AND TROUSERS WITH A BROWN LEATHER HAT VARIOUS OF MODELS WEARING DENIM SHORTS, BLUE SHIRTS AND JUMPERS VARIOUS OF MODELS WEARING FLOWING, BIG TENT DRESSES WITH DRAWSTRING NECKS MODEL WEARING LONG SILK DRESS WITH BEIGE TOP AND RUFFLED HOT PINK SKIRT DESIGNERS STEFANO DOLCE E DOMENICO GABBANA GREETING AUDIENCE AT END OF SHOW
- Embargoed: 10th October 2007 13:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVAEQXVL74ZXG37LTAECXBOA7S8E
- Story Text: The big name designers started their womenswear shows in Milan with D&G and Giorgio Armani taking the stage.
Womenswear for next spring and summer at D&G, the stablemate of Dolce & Gabbana, was inspired by Glastonbury Festival at the designers' show on Monday (September 24), and featured a hippy mix of silks, chiffons and denims.
Jeans had wide, wide legs and were patched and fringed enough to make Tom Sawyer proud.
Men's pullovers and oversize shirts gave an almost hand-me-down chic look.
D&G had flowing, big tent dresses with drawstring necks that were a collage of prints in blacks, reds, whites and grey. Flat leather sandals with rope-bindings at the ankle and floppy leather hats kept the anything goes mood.
Giorgio Armani took a Mediterranean theme for his collection, which featured loose silk Turkish style trousers that ended in ties at the knee in sand, grey and marine blue satin.
Models wore nets on their hair and the fishing theme was extended to shawls and shoulder shrugs that threw a lattice over slim silk gowns. Gauzy grey sarongs were short to above the knee and worn with sparkling vests.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.