- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: 'THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT' PREMIERES IN LONDON
- Date: 19th December 1995
- Summary: ANNETE BENING AND WARREN BEATTY ARRIVING DOUGLAS SAYING IT TAKES A WHILE TO LOOK PRESIDENTIAL, YOU HAVE TO GET THE HAIR RIGHT - HAIR IS IMPORTANT TO OUR PRESIDENTS (ENGLISH)
- Embargoed: 3rd January 1996 12:00
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA83IGE1A9T521X750JTJ0ZD25S
- Story Text: Oscar-winner Michael Douglas attended the European premiere of his latest film "The American President" in London on Tuesday (December 5).
Several hundred people waited in light snow to see Douglas and co-star Annette Bening arrive at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square.
Bening was accompanied by husband Warren Beatty, while the film's director, Rob Reiner was also present at the gala event.
In the romantic comedy, Douglas plays U.S. president Andrew Shepherd, a chief executive torn between his public and private lives.
Bening plays Sydney Wade, an environmental lobbyist that falls in love with the widowed president. But once his politcal opponents and the media catch wind of the relationship, a new scandal is born.
With the administration at risk, it falls to the president's advisors to make the best of the situation. Martin Sheen plays Shepherd's chief of staff and best friend.
Other cast members include Michael J. Fox, who plays the president's domestic policy advisor, and Richard Dreyfuss as a senator running for office.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None